How to Train your Body 怎麼磨練你的身體

You eat too much.
你吃過多食物。

You sleep too late.
你睡得太晚。

You wake up too tired.
你渾渾噩噩地起床。

You think about sex too much.
 你沉溺於性慾。

Your body is your master.
你成了身體的奴隸。

It tells you what it wants and if you don't listen, it will get upset.
你的身體告訴你它想要的,如果你不做,它就會不爽。

And who gave your body all this authority over your life?
所以,是誰給了你身體掌控人生的權力?

You did.
是你。

Me?
還是我?

Yes you!
沒錯,正是你自己。

I never did such a thing.
我從不讓身體掌控我。

You chose this when you ate a snack.
當你多吃一塊零食,你給了它權力控制你。

You chose this when you took a nap.
當你偷睡個午覺,你給了它更多權力控制你。

You chose this when you wanted ten minutes of extra sleep.
當你按掉鬧鐘,享受延遲的十分鐘,你任憑它的權力繼續增大。

You chose this when you gave in to your desires.
當你臣服於自己的慾望,同時也選擇了臣服於你的身體。

Each of these decisions created a habit.
所有微小的選擇創造了「習慣」。

That habit created an expectation for your body.
這個「習慣」教導你的身體如何「期待」。

If you give your body a snack, extra sleep, or pleasure today, it will expect it again tomorrow.
每天你多餵它一塊零食,給它賴床的機會,讓它追求享樂,隔天,它就會「期待」今天再來一次。

You have been training your body all along.
其實你一直都在訓練你的身體,只不過是用不好的方式。

You trained it to be gluttonous, lazy, and overly sexual.
你訓練它當一個貪吃鬼、一個懶惰蟲、一個無色不歡的傢伙。

But if this is true, then can the reverse be true as well?
但是,如果身體能控制你,你能不能反過來制衡它呢?

Can you have mastery over your body?
你可以成為自己身體的主人嗎?

Can you train it to work for your goals instead of against them?
你可以訓練它與你志同道合,而非「反目標而行」嗎?

Can you see freedom over addictions to food, sleep and sex?
你可以不受食物、睡眠和性的挾制嗎?

Of course you can!
你當然可以!

It's all a matter of discipline.
一切取決於紀律。

Pick a day and decide what time you want to get up, how much and when you want to eat, and when you are allowed pleasure.
選一天,決定什麼時候該起床,什麼時候該吃、該吃多少,什麼時候才能享樂。

Breaking the old patterns you've established for many years will be very challenging, but don't let the difficulty deter you. It is possible to create new healthy habits that will set you free as master over your body.
要打破長久累積下來的習性是充滿挑戰性的,但別讓困難嚇跑你。 創立一個健康的新習慣是有可能的,它能讓你重新拿回身體的主控權,解開束縛你多年的桎梏。

Push through the first few days and be encouraged as it starts getting easier and easier when your body starts working for you instead of against you.
捱過起飛前的不適,幾天後,當你的身體不再反抗,開始替你運作,一切會越來越輕鬆,你也會越來越有信心。

Imagine feeling completely rested at six in the morning.
想像在清晨六點,精神飽滿地起床。

Imagine only being hungry right before your meal times.
想像只有在正餐時間,該餓的時候會餓。

Imagine being free of sexual thoughts while working.
想像工作時不受性幻想的打擾。

Remember- whatever you do and whenever you do it will set the pattern for your body to follow.
記得:每個當下做的每件事,都會影響你的身體,都在替它刻畫一種模式。

Set your schedule.
寫下行程表。

Establish habits.
建立新的習慣。

Train your body.
磨練你的身體。

No comments:

Post a Comment